I get the call at 1 pm: “Hey, we got an issue…..04N has lost both mags and is deadlined until at least Saturday”.
Bummer. And the other 2 Garmin equipped (which I hate) 172’s are both booked.
“We can put you in a 150, if you want”. I confer with my CFI, and we decide not to go that route.
So no flying until Monday.
I was all feeling sorry for myself, until I found out that the issue cropped up when a dude was trying to start the plane for a checkride. And there was another checkride scheduled after that.
All I lost was some pattern work.
Still, ’twas a bummer.